Friday 29 September 2017

September 27

Checked into the hotel and we were told that Happy Hour was from 5:30 until 7:00. Happy Hour in Wyoming means free! Set the tone for the evening so the morning of the 27th was a little slow.....

Peter and Brenda O'Toole are doing their own road trip of more western states and are now on their way home and met us in Rock Springs. I'm sure they are regretting their decision to follow us home. We 6 are pretty hard to keep up with (literally and figuratively!)

Stopped and did some shopping in some town that I honestly don't remember the name of. Then had a great pub lunch and had the best corn chicken chowder. It had crispy bacon in it. I would sell my soul to the devil for a big bowl of it with a side of blue cheese fries. 

Anyway on to Jackson. Such a great drive. I wish I had a dollar for every time Ryan passed a vehicle (or 10 at once - true story) and the speedometer was over 100 MILES AN HOUR. Hasn't really scared me yet, but I have had to remind him a time or two that there is no checkered flag at the end of the road trip. 

Made it to Jackson and what a cool little town. Went for a beer at The Million Dollar Bar - we asked for the history. The bar was built in 1912 and burnt down n 1972. When they rebuilt it .......it cost a million dollars to rebuild. I was very disappointed. I was waiting for - they found a million dollars in gold under the floorboards or an old timer sruck it rich and built he bar. Nope, just a million to rebuild it ( sounds like a bad contractor that mismanaged the build but I didn't say that - just kept drinking my $14 beer). Actually, I think that's why it's the Million Dollar Bar - they make a million a month charging their exorbitant prices! 

Had a great supper and honestly went to bed. I know boring. It's hard keeping up my lifestyle and weight. Sometimes you need to choose....

Also hung out with these sexy beasts....




No comments:

Post a Comment