Thursday 28 September 2017

September 26

It's hard to sleep in when your in a tent....surrounded by 20 other tents....and have to pee. 

Packing these cars is a skill that few have mastered but these boys are experts. In a previous life they packed groceries at Costco. Ryan gets exasperated (nice word for pissed off) every time I buy stuff. It requires a totally new packing sequence. I try to remember that when I pack at home but I always pack too much. I should do outfit changes when we stop for lunch. I'm not sure if that will help with Ryan's level of frustration. 

We decided that we are going to start our own travelling food show - instead of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives our is going to be Bars, Breweries and Brothels or Wings, Whiskey and Women. Not sure, still working out the details. Another thing I'm growing fond of is burgers that are pink in the middle. I'm a big girl, I could survive salmonella....16 times. 

Anyway, leaving Utah (speed limit is 80 m/hr - they even encourage you to leave) to Colorado - my new almost favourite state. Colorado, you sexy bitch....oh...wait a minute.....

Stopped for lunch at Gramma's Kitchen. Now I've told you when you walk into a bathroom and all posters warn you of human trafficking you get the hell outta Dodge right? Well when you walk into a restaurant and there is an open Bible on the counter the same goes....get the hell out. No booze and none allowed in. WTF Colorado?! Starting to act like Utah....just sayin'. We were sitting at the table pondering over the map when some locals (dressed head to toe in camo) asked for clarification where we were going. Then they immediately asked if the cars outside were ours. Never a good sign. They gave us "better" directions. 22 miles of gravel. So Colorado just let me do some quick math 5x8+10+22=72 miles of gravel!! We literally were on a back road in the middle of no where and when we crossed state line pavement started. Colorado take a seat. Wyoming you're in. 

Wyoming, beautiful snow covered mountains and drilling rigs. You're in! Made it to Rock Springs. 
                        


No comments:

Post a Comment