Thursday 14 September 2017

September 14








So.... the Mitsubishi morphed into a Camaro! Surprise to all Ryan bought an ZL1 Camaro. It has been hidden in our garage for 3 weeks! Most stressful 3 weeks of my life. I was so scared Brian or Darren would discover it before the big reveal! 

Anyway met in Caroline this morning (where all nefarious activities begin!). Showed up in the car and surprised everyone....except Jen.....she didn't know it was our car. God bless, my special friend. Then on to our trip....

Bragg Creek/Prentice Creek - Mother Nature, you saucy bitch - snow. You are the most unpredictable bitch I know, when I think we are getting along and could be life long besties, you throw a curve ball. Snow. Ya, that's right, it's September and I own it and I could make it +30, or -30 or rain or snow or throw in a mother-fucking -tornado, but September is my month and you bow to me!    Okay, point taken. You win. On a side note - so glad Pincher/Watertown saw any moisture. God bless to all who are suffering in Southern Alberta. My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

The border crossing went unbelievably well (probably an indicator of how bad our trip north will be). All Ryan and I were asked is if we, "Had any tobacco." Why, no, Mr. Border Crossing Man. No tobacco but 40 Pounds of marijuana and a cut up dead body, but no tobacco. Just kidding - but I did slam my Mimosa pre-border and was feeling no pain at the border. But 'Merica accepted us as one of their own.

We stopped at Brady for beer (super excited we could buy Miller High Life - Champagne of Beers) and had a great time with all of the locals. They love us. We had to hear all of their "Canadian" stories and all of the times they interacted with Canadians. Pretty sure we broke their Canadian Mold. We were pretty much on our best behaviour - like 90%. Maybe 65%. OKAY, FUCK! 38%!!!!!!

Then to Great Falls. Our old friend The Best Western. You did not let us down. Beer and supper and then early night. 






Yes, we all were in bed with Brian... my God, if I had a dollar for every time I've said that.....



Anyway, tomorrow is a new day and in the words of Monatians (is that what their called? Montarians, Monatiations? This suddenly became very difficult!)  "The worst drive in Montana", so my hopes are high. I have driven to Smoky Lake, and Lord Jesus it was boring so that is my benchmark, Montana - do not disappoint me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment