Tuesday 24 April 2018

April 23

Ryan found a huge spider in the sink this morning, which is unfortunate because it is a nice flat but now we’ll have to burn it down. I’m pretty sure my insurance covers that. 

Today we decided would be a, “get your bearings day” so we decided that we would start at the cemetery......so......we were not at the Greyfriars cemetery last night......I personally believe that Google Maps saved our lives. Thank you google gods. We were actually in Calton Cemetery, which is the worlds 16th most haunted cemetery. Which is still pretty fucking scary. Anyway, we walked through Greyfriars in the daylight and it pretty much sealed the deal - I will not do it in the middle of the night. 

We walked and we walked and we walked. 27,139 steps. That’s 17.3 kms! I took a photo so I could show people. And that was at 10:30 at night, we still walked back home! If I keep doing this I can keep eating pastries. We have the top 10 pubs to see in Edinburgh and yesterday we crossed 4 off of our Boozy Bucket List. Pub hunting is much more fun than ghost hunting! 👻🍺. Visited The Brewdog, Hanging Bat, Blackbird and Bennett’s Bar. Jed at the Blackbird made me a martini (my first in Scotland) but he added a lemon twist. No olives. Very good.  Mike ordered a pint of something (him and Darian are beer connoisseurs) and the bartender would only serve him a 1/3 of a pint - otherwise he would be, “twittled”. I think that is my new favourite word! You’re not “shittered” your “twittled”. Sounds cute and fuzzy. 

Anyway, so far Edinburgh has been cemeteries, beer and walking! Not only did I get to use the hedgehog 🦔 emoji now I get to use the 🚶🏼‍♀️ emoji! 


No comments:

Post a Comment