Friday 16 March 2018

March 16

So, Carter is on his way back from Belize. He thought long and hard about his decision to leave me and decided that his loyalties lie with me and he is coming home to his second Momma (or third, I lose count). Way to go Carter. The bar has been set high and I have to make Rocky seem as exciting and wonderful as your past week in Belize. I have had some feedback from your Belizean family about your  needs:
  1. Rum (and lots of it) - completely have this covered. My goal is to get you drinking martinis this week.
  2. Great weather - well....We may have to improvise on this one but if you are drinking martinis like I plan for you to be drinking martinis then I think the weather will no longer be a factor.
  3. Possible prostitution... now I think we may need to travel for this......
Brian and Kim have entrusted me with the care of their son. Like, not just, "Can Carter stay with you for the last week of our holiday?" But I get this:

 

So 2 things -
  1. I was a negligent parent that would pawn my children off without giving legal consent to care for my children (This is totally a squirrel moment but I have a quick story: We were having a girls supper at the Prairie Creek Inn (wonderful, completely recommend it) and the waitress asks how old the kids are now and that she babysat them once. I looked at Jen - who was sitting beside me - waiting for her to answer.... and then realized the waitress was talking to me! I had no idea who this woman was or when she cared for my kids. I think if we refer to the Handbook that is coming out in lieu of the placenta (I hope everyone read my earlier blog when I referred to this otherwise you may be confused) if you turn to page 56 - Who is Caring for Your Children When You Are Out - I think it is very important to at least know their name. Whoops - parenting fail!)
  2. Anyway the second thing - thank you to the Walisser's for entrusting me with your kid. Seriously what were you thinking?! This is the kind of power that completely goes to my head. I suddenly endorse child labour! I am thinking that a face tattoo would be super bad ass. He would be the hit of the parties I am taking him to. Parties at your house - I will run this by your house sitter but I think it is do-able. I'm going to teach him how to drive your Mustang - I'm sure we'll have at least 1 day we can take the old girl for a drive. (Car not me!)
No, I'm just kidding about everything except the face tattoo and the martinis. I will take super good care of him and try to keep him full - a Herculean task I know. Please enjoy your week my friends - love you lots and Carter is in great hands - Bahahaha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment