Wednesday 21 June 2017

June 21

Things you never appreciate when you are young:

1. No bills. Sure living by my mom and dad's rules were the cross I had to bear but I adapted (I regularly snuck out my window, well until I eventually got caught - that's a story for another time). 
2. The wisdom of my grandparents. 
3. Belly shirts. Why in the name of God did I not wear them more regularly? And isn't it ironic that they are called "belly shirts" but you can't wear them when you have a big belly?!
4. My eyesight. Now if I don't have my glasses it is a guessing game when I'm driving - "Is that a deer in the ditch?" Nope only a stump, that I pass every time I drive home but I cannot let my guard down, one of these times there will be a tricky deer there just waiting for the opportunity to scare the shit out of me.
5. Farts. I'm sure most of you know my horror story but sometimes I cannot fart with confidence.....
6.  My weight. Oh my God, if I could go back to my high school weight I would NEVER wear clothes. 
7. Grey hair. I spend a fortune on hair colouring but as soon as the door to the hair dressers hits my fat ass on the way out I sprout 15 new grey hairs. 
8. Dallas, Falcon Crest and Dynasty. My life pretty much revolved around those shows.
9. The price of gas. I could fill up my vehicle for $18.00. Then cruise main street for 6 hours. 
10. Summer holidays!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment