Friday 29 December 2017

December 29

So my wonderful child, Dekker, decided I was not grey enough and decided to embark on a year long world tour. He has been talking about this for a year and I have, coincidentally, been in heavy denial for a year. 6 months ago he bought a shed to store his belongings, 4 months ago he moved back home and 9 days ago he quit his job. Yesterday he flew out for Nicaragua. 

I gave him all the advice I could think of: 
Don’t do drugs.
Don’t make bad choices.
Wear condoms.
Keep both kidneys.
And Darian and Mike chimed in and told him not to go on camel tours in the desert. (I didn’t ask)

The most important thing I told him was to KEEP IN TOUCH! He’s really bad at that. His immediate plan is Nicaragua for New Years then Costa Rica and Panama before heading to South America. We are meeting him in Scotland in April and I checked, it’s only 103 days......

So in the meantime my friends are keeping me occupied - last night Brian and I were up until 4:30 working on a jigsaw puzzle. Therapy jigsawing. I did know it was a thing but apparently when you combine it with a martini, 3 bottles of wine and a Caesar it totally works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment