Monday 19 September 2022

Holidays…Day -1….

Weeks of planning, hotels booked, Airbnb’s booked, vehicle rented, tours confirmed, house sitter’s arranged, dog’s farmed out, money exchanged, weight lost (just kidding - collectively, 18 pounds gained 🙄) and tomorrow is the big day! Scotland here we come. My greatest wish is to meet Trudeau in the Amsterdam Airport and he is “accidentally” strangled by the microphone cord that he used to sing Bohemian Rhapsody before the Queen’s funeral. A girl can dream….
Momsie, I have decided everyday my blog will be a letter home to you. You can travel with us, be our silent guide. Our moral compass. The wind beneath our wings. We may need advice, an alibi or a shoulder to cry on, after all, we are travelling with our husbands for 24 days, God help us. 
I have a few questions about packing; why are empty suitcases 22 pounds and you’re only allowed 50 pounds? I have packed 3 outfits and my suitcase weighs 65 pounds. Wtf?! I am kidding, I have packed, roughly 28 outfits, makeup, 3 pairs of shoes, hair product, the drone, 2 swimsuits and the magical electrical adapter, but in my defence we are going to 2 countries with fairly significant temperature differences. I think the 50 pound rule is one of the dumbest ever. If you fly Business you get 70 pounds! 70 POUNDS!?! Where is the justice?! So….I am upgrading to Business. I think it is probably what Ryan would want. I will also need a Sherpa, I can only hope that KLM offers Sherpas. But, again, focusing on the positive, we are not flying Air Canada.
Well, wish us luck and remember that we may need bail money in Sterling and/or Euros. 

No comments:

Post a Comment