Saturday 6 January 2024

Jan 6 - June Recap - last try

Ah, our expedition to the land of the midnight sun, Canada’s last wilderness, our claim to Canadian gold. What a great adventure! I cannot get over how big Canada actually is, how beautiful it is, how diverse the land is and how friendly people are! And this was also when our little Aussie came into our life like a pop of fireworks! Our dear Alice! We drove through landscapes devastated by fire (in some cases, still on fire), lunched on the side of the road, taught Alice the magic of martinis (I believe her exact words were, “I will drink this battery acid to get to the olive), ate the best meals, went on nightly adventures, counted bears, buffalo, caribou and more, jumped in glacier lakes at midnight, swam in hot springs, packed ourselves in the vehicle 3 deep, visited with 300 strangers, got lost (whoops, 100% my fault!), partied with the dancing girls in Dawson, got drunk in McBride (mild understatement for my inebriated state….), drank a sour toe cocktail, toured glaciers, played games, repaired motorhomes, lost track of time and stayed up all night and, surprisingly, had very few fights! Howie, Terry, Alice, Fuzz, Jen and Ryan - I would go again tomorrow! Trip of a lifetime! I have so many pictures! I’m limiting it to 10….maybe 15 😉































































































No comments:

Post a Comment