Thursday 15 February 2018

February 15


I have to do a blog about my dear friend Tony. Jen and I were honored to do all we could do to help Brian and Kim bury their child. No parent should ever have to face the pain and heartache that these wonderful people are braving. I love you more than you could possibly know and I respect and admire your grace and love during this nightmare. You both amaze me.

I did not get to say a few things about Tony but I would like to now. What an amazing human. We only had him for a very short 16 years but I cannot believe the impression this young man made on my life. What a true inspiration. Very few people make me belly laugh every few sentences, but my God that child did. I loved being around him. Honestly, just being in his presence was blissful. He did not need to talk – we would make eye contact and both roll our eyes. He was so brutally honest, which I loved almost as most as his humor. He was my go-to guy many times just because I knew he would appreciate my twisted sense of humor, and I his. I just loved him like my own.

I promise to you that we will all remember you with laughter and love. I can’t imagine it now, but we will get there. It’s funny – whenever I think of you or remember times we all spent together, I think there was a glow around you. You were a gift that was given for 16 years. What a fucking amazing gift. Love you Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment