Monday 24 July 2017

July 24

So I just finished reading A Long Way Home (adapted to the movie Lion). I suddenly have a whole new respect for 5 year olds! This kid survived the streets of Calcutta for 3 weeks and the many weeks in an orphanage in Calcutta. Seriously?! Although I was personally aquatinted with my own 5-year old self at one time and I can realistically say I was a pretty serious bad ass, I was in no way prepared to deal with Calcutta. Nor was I prepared to deal with the mean streets of Eckville for a solid 45 minutes. I was maybe more accurately described as a slightly prepared, nap needing 5 year old.

I think I cannot even pretend to comprehend the horrors of this world. I don't want to. I already have problems sleeping. I think my greatest wish is to be a good person - but I think I am a slightly prepared, nap needing 46 year old. 😕

No comments:

Post a Comment