Wednesday 29 December 2021

December 29

So left -39 degrees Celsius in Calgary to arrive at Telchac (after 16 hours of traveling- but more about that later) anyway, back to arriving at Telchac and the temperature at 11:00 at night was 25 degrees Celsius. That is with a plus not a negative. The drive to Calgary was fucking Arctic. We had the heater cranked on defrost and the windshield was still frosting up and the backseat was so cold that Jen and I did discuss if we hit the ditch we would only have minutes. Minutes to mix another drink while the boys fixed the truck. Anyway, early morning flight…only to wait on the tarmac for an hour and a half while they got the engine on the left wing running. Such was our desire to leave the fucking ridiculous cold Albertan weather that we didn’t care about the dodgy left engine. We had a quick chat and figured we could make it to Mexico with only 1 engine. We were ready to take our chances.

So made it to Mexico - honestly, we were so happy to be here that we were in slight disbelief that there was no snow, no windchill. Not a winter coat in sight. So what did we do to celebrate?! We sat on the tarmac for an hour before we could deplane. We FINALLY pulled up to the ramp to get off that fucking plane and guess what?! We pulled too close to the airport and they had to get someone to push the plane back one foot! One motherfucking foot!! Okay, off the plane, got our luggage, found our driver and then started our drive to the house. Of course, to keep with our theme, there was road construction and it took us an hour later to get to the house. But after everything- it was STILL worth it! I woke up this morning to the song of birdsong, fresh coffee and a walk on the beach and it is wonderful. I forgot that this weather existed. 

So sitting tonight playing dice tonight and Jen and Darren looked at one another and said, “Should we tell her?” Of course I said, you better fucking tell me….. Ya, they think the tarantula is still living here. So I am giving this resort zero stars. Do not recommend. Yes the wine is cold, there is an endless supply of tequila, the weather is spectacular, the pool is clean and cool, the food is amazing but zero stars!! Fucking tarantula. Ryan did inspect the hole, and the expert that he is, has determined that it is either an old hole or not a tarantula hole. I have never depended on his Native tracking skills more.

Just a quick update - as I am sitting here working on my blog trying to lower my tarantula elevated blood pressure something dropped on my head. I jumped up screaming that something landed on my head. Everyone was convinced that I was imagining it…then we hear Jord giggle. She is on the roof with a ponytail tied to the end of a string that she drooped on my head! So definitely not sleeping tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment